Subscribe Now

ABC, 123, Ruby, C#, SAS, SQL, TDD, VB.NET, XYZ

Monday, October 29, 2007

First Post

Dear readers, welcome to my blog. This is the first of what I hope will be many posts.

You may be wondering...what is “technoyoga”? I chose the name of this blog because I am interested in and practicing both computer technology and spirituality (among other things). A large bulk of my time is spent working in the computer programming arena as well as the spiritual practice domain. And who says they can't co-exist? What programmer hasn’t experienced the meditative bliss of an n-hour long coding binge in which the ego subsides and is replaced by classes, methods, unit tests, and compilations? I think a lot of programmers out there know what I’m talking about even if they haven’t put it in such terms.

I was introduced to the term “karma yoga” by Ram Dass many years ago and quite like the practice, hard as it is. As a blogger, I-I will strive to jab and throw haymakers on a regular basis without expectation and have some fun. I figure if Scott Hanselman can have his Computer Zen, then I can have my technoyoga. :)

Please note I am not affiliated in any way with Technoyoga.com or the Techno Yoga Mat. Hopefully they won’t ask me to change the name of my blog.

No comments: